See Below for Sample Size Requirements
We request the following information in a letter of transmittal with your sample(s):
1. Contact person knowledgeable on the project - Name, Phone, Fax, email address, mailing address, company info.
2. Bill-To information for sending Invoice
3. Ship-To information for sending the Final Report (via email in PDF format) & Samples after Testing
4. Full Name and Address of the Project (e.g., Street, City, & State)
5. Your Project Number (if applicable)
6. Testing Requested (e.g., Concrete Petrography, Air Content, Chloride Content/Permeability, Mortar Testing, Aggregate Petrography, etc.)
7. Reason(s) for the Requested Testing (e.g., If there is a problem; Nature and Extent of the problem, etc.)
8. Background Information, e.g.:
Nature of the problem, when the problem was first noticed, etc.
Time of placement (e.g., which month of which year, season),
Location/environment of the material (e.g. indoor vs. outdoor, wall vs. floor, if it exposed to a freezing and thawing environment or a chemically aggressive environment)
Mix design, MSDS, Project Specifications, etc.
Previous testing results (e.g., strength results, air, slump, temperature, weather condition during placement, etc.)
Any other relevant information not mentioned here
9. Field photographs showing:
Condition of the structure in question, the nature of the problem, if any, and,
Sample locations with the extracted samples (by email)
10. What would you like to do with the sample(s) after testing is completed (i.e., Toss or Return)
11. Label your samples properly (e.g., Sample ID, which side is top or exposed, good-vs-bad samples, etc.). All samples must be properly marked and protected with bubble wraps for shipment in a secure shipping box.
12. Turn around (Standard 3 to 4 weeks, or, Rush 5-day)
ALL NEW CLIENTS ARE REQUESTED TO PAY IN FULL PRIOR TO THE RELEASE OF THE REPORT. ALL EXISTING CLIENTS HAVE A 30-DAY PAY PERIOD.
TESTING WILL NOT INITIATE UNTIL A SIGNED AND APPROVED COST PROPOSAL IS RECEIVED, WHICH WILL BE PROVIDED FOR SIGNATURE AFTER SAMPLES ARE RECEIVED.